tallying a total dependant on contents of another cell

  1. #1
    Toby
    Guest

    tallying a total dependant on contents of another cell

    we have three salesman, each with their name listed down column "V".
    we also have a column for retail$ which lists the total value of an order
    (each order has it's own separate row).
    How do I setup a running tally in another worksheet to look in column "V"
    and detect who's name is there and then have it automatically tally the
    retail$ from that row under that person's name ?
    Could it be a job for conditional formatting or an if then statement ?
    Thanks in advance
    --
    my signature

  2. #2
    Toby
    Guest

    RE: tallying a total dependant on contents of another cell

    hey again guys,
    I solved my problem with the sumif function.

    cheers !!
    --
    my signature