Excluding selected cells in excel

  1. #1
    Farhad
    Guest

    Excluding selected cells in excel

    Hi

    I have worked with Open office and like one of its features. You can select
    all the cells once, exclude a number of cells, and apply the format to
    selected area. But it seems that you can not exclude a selected cell in excel.
    How can i do this in Excel?

    Thanks

  2. #2

    Re: Excluding selected cells in excel

    There's nothing built into excel that allows for this.

    But you could just be careful when you selected the multiple areas to avoid the
    cells you want to avoid.

  3. #3
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: Excluding selected cells in excel

    Ever notice that in Windows Explorer, in the <Edit> menu, there's an option
    to "Invert Selection".

    Too bad it's not included in the other apps.

    RD

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4

    Re: Excluding selected cells in excel

    If it's really important, you could use a macro from Chip Pearson:

    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/unselect.htm