Formulas

  1. #1
    Richard
    Guest

    Formulas

    Hi,

    I would to automatically adjust the retail price on an item by inputting the
    margin I would like to make on that product. Is there a formula that will let
    me do this.

    Thank You,

  2. #2
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: Formulas

    Try something like this:

    A1: (the margin you want to earn)
    A2: ItemNumber
    B2: ItemCost

    The retail price would be:
    C2: =B2*(1+$A$1)

    Example:
    A1: 20%
    A2: a1234
    B2: $100
    C2: =B2*(1+$A$1)
    =$120

    Is that something you can work with?
    ***********
    Regards,
    Ron

    XL2002, WinXP

  3. #3
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: Formulas

    a1:price
    b1:margin (formatted as percentage)
    c1: =A1*(1+b1)

    HTH

  4. #4
    Richard
    Guest

    RE: Formulas

    Hi,

    This formula isn't giving me a margin. The result is a markup???

    Richard

  5. #5
    Dominic LeVasseur
    Guest

    RE: Formulas

    Richard,

    This will calculate the retail price based on the margin you input:

    A1: Cost
    B1: Margin
    C1: =A1 + A1*B1

    This will give you a price in C1 based on the margin you input. This will be
    margin as a function of cost, obviously, not as a function of final retail
    price.

    Does this suit your needs?

  6. #6
    SiC
    Guest

    RE: Formulas

    Hi Richard,

    I am guessing a lot of people don't know the difference between markup and
    margin. Assuming your cost is in A1 and your margin in B1, your formula for
    retail price would be:
    =A1/(1-B1)

    -Simon

  7. #7
    Richard
    Guest

    RE: Formulas

    Yes, that's it! You know what I'm talking about. Fantastic.

    Thank You