Swapping columns

  1. #1
    Mumbai, IN

    Swapping columns

    I need to swap many columns so that col D is at col A, col C is at col G, etc etc - without any column being deleted.

    Is there a swap function somwhere ?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Puppet_Sock
    Guest

    Re: Swapping columns

    anjanesh wrote:
    > I need to swap many columns so that col D is at col A, col C is at col
    > G, etc etc - without any column being deleted.
    >
    > Is there a swap function somwhere ?

    You could copy the source sheet to a temp sheet. Then delete the
    entries on the dest sheet (to be sure you don't leave any you don't
    want in locations you don't want). Then copy the data you want
    from the temp sheet to the original sheet. Then delete the temp sheet.
    Socks

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Swapping columns

    Try turning the macro recorder on, then do it in Excel. This will give you
    the code.

    Bob Phillips

    "anjanesh" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: Swapping columns

    You could record a macro, but you might just simply use the
    Shift key and the mouse you will have to move columns 4 times though.
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...nd.htm#movecol

    ---
    HTH,