right click menu shortcut changed from 2002 to 2003

  1. #1
    furia
    Guest

    right click menu shortcut changed from 2002 to 2003

    Now the right click menu shortcut has the option 'Add variable inspetion'.
    The problem is that in Brazilian portuguese version of Excel, the text is
    written "Adicionar inspeção de variáveis" and the shortcut is letter A (the
    first A is underlined). This new shortcut conlicts with 'Paste Special...'
    shortcut (letter A again for "Colar especial..."), which breaks usability
    with prior versions of Excel in a very frequently used Excel functionality!!!
    Now I have to click [ENTER] after clicking "A" on the right click menu to do
    the .
    As there is no way to change the right click menu commands we have lack of
    productivity on Excel 2003!!!

    I suggest (easy) this fix for Excel 2003 SP3 (or later) Brazilian Portuguese:
    Change the new shortcut from A to V (for Varaible)!

    And I suggest this for a future version of Excel:
    Allow to change right click menu commands.

    Thanks.

    ----------------
    click "I Agree" in the message pane.

  2. #2

    Re: right click menu shortcut changed from 2002 to 2003

    You can try this EnergyKey
    http://www30.webSamba.com/SmartStudio
    This may be help you.
    Now I always use EnergyKey, it helps me so much in my work.

  3. #3
    furia
    Guest

    Re: right click menu shortcut changed from 2002 to 2003

    Thanks. It seems to be a great utility!

    However this is a BUG on Excel 2003 (which was not under previous versions)
    and should be fixed by Microsoft on a ServicePack and/or a future version.

    Furia.