Displaying Unix time as date and time

  1. #1

    Displaying Unix time as date and time

    I am trying to convert a unix timestamp to date and time in XL 2003.
    Any ideas?

    -Thanks

  2. #2
    Ron Rosenfeld
    Guest

    Re: Displaying Unix time as date and time

    On 30 May 2006 12:16:40 -0700, [email protected] wrote:

    >I am trying to convert a unix timestamp to date and time in XL 2003.
    >Any ideas?
    >
    >-Thanks

    Unix time is merely the number of seconds since 01 Jan 1970 00:00 UTC

    Excel time is expressed in decimal days.

    There are 86,400 seconds in a day.

    So to convert a Unix timestamp to XL time

    =UnixTime/86400+DATE(1970,1,1)

    Format to something you like.

    Correct of the difference between UTC and your time zone if you want.

    --ron