Go to cell referenced in a formula

  1. #1
    Dennis
    Guest

    Go to cell referenced in a formula

    How do I easily go to a cell referenced in a formula? The
    precedents/dependents is useful when the reference is on the same
    spreadsheet, but not so easy when the referenced cell is on another
    spreadsheet - even if in the same file.

    Thanks much for your help!

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Go to cell referenced in a formula

    If you double click the cell with the formula, it goes to the first cell
    referenced on another sheet.

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Dennis
    Guest

    Re: Go to cell referenced in a formula

    Bob,

    Thanks for your response. I tried your suggestion but the result was that
    the cell was opened up for editing - it didn't take me to the referenced
    cell. Do I need to click the cell in a specific place?

    Thanks,
    Dennis

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Go to cell referenced in a formula

    No, if you double click a formula that reference the same sheet it should
    highlight all areas on that sheet, if it references another sheet, it should
    go to the first range referenced.

    Make sure that you double-click the cell, not the formula bar.

  5. #5
    Dominic LeVasseur
    Guest

    Re: Go to cell referenced in a formula

    Dennis,

    I think you should go to Tools:Options:Edit and uncheck "Edit directly in
    cell". Then I believe Bob's suggestion should work perfectly.

    HTH

  6. #6
    Dennis
    Guest