Printing cells with conditional formats & formulas

  1. #1
    John R.
    Guest

    Printing cells with conditional formats & formulas

    For audit purposes, I must document the cells in a worksheet that have
    conditional formatting on them along with their respective formulas. I have
    been unable to find a simple way within Excel and have now resorted to
    printing a hardcopy of my worksheet and using a highlighter to flag the cells
    and then handwriting the formulas next to the hightlighted cell. Is there a
    better way?

  2. #2
    macropod
    Guest

    Re: Printing cells with conditional formats & formulas

    Hi John,

    You could use the vba FormatCondition Object to iterate through all the
    conditional formatting parameters for each cell and add any found ones to
    the cell's comment box, which you could then display and print out. Not
    exactly simple, but it might be worth the effort if there's a lot to do.

    Cheers

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: Printing cells with conditional formats & formulas

    For documentation purposes, you would not know which of the
    three conditions was in effect so you would have to show all three
    if three exist. Excel 12 should be more fun for you.

    Perhaps your documentation should concentrate on representative
    formulas, how they work, when they are used.

    If you really want to show which specific formula was used you
    could take a look at my Excel to HTML conversion, and I guess
    the suggestion to put the formula into the comment would be
    workable. I expect you would have a very large workbook.

    ---
    HTH,