How do I change formula results by changing the text color of the

  1. #1
    bailfire13
    Guest

    How do I change formula results by changing the text color of the

    I'm working with times (0:00:42) on Excel 2003, and cannot make a time go
    negative (0:00:42 - 0:01:00). I figured out how to change the text color of
    the number if the number should be negative. I now want to know how to
    create a formula that is dependant on the text color of the numbers. I would
    like to add the black numbers and subtract the red numbers. Is there anyone
    that knows how to do this? Or better yet, is there a way to make a time go
    negative?

  2. #2
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: How do I change formula results by changing the text color of the

    Pull-down:

    Tools > Options > Calculate and check 1904 date system near the bottom
    --
    Gary's Student

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: How do I change formula results by changing the text color of the

    If you switch to the 19043 date system , Tools>Options>Calculation, 1904
    date system checkbox, you can get negative dates.

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: How do I change formula results by changing the text color of the

    That's 1904, not 19043. Even Excel hasn't got there yet <g>

    Bob Phillips

  5. #5
    bailfire13
    Guest

    RE: How do I change formula results by changing the text color of

    Wow, thanks for the answer, Gary's Student and Bob. This makes my job a lot
    easier!