Some sort of sum product

  1. #1
    azidrane
    Guest

    Some sort of sum product

    I have a series of names in a coulmn in Sheet1. I have a range of data
    in sheet2 that looks like this.

    Name1 DataType1 DataType2
    Name2 DataType1 DataType2
    Name3 DataType1 DataType2
    Name1 DataType1 DataType2
    Name3 DataType1 DataType2
    Name2 DataType1 DataType2
    Name1 DataType1 DataType2

    I need to add up coulmn B in Sheet2 and coulmn C in Sheet2 and divide B
    for each name in Sheet1. There are multipule instances of a name in
    sheet2 coulmn A and I need to add each instance in coulmn B and coulmn
    C before dividing.

    Any tips?

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Some sort of sum product

    =SUMIF(Sheet2!A:A,A1,Sheet2!B:B)+SUMIF(Sheet2!A:A,A1,Sheet2!C:C)

    not sure what divide B means but perhaps you could add that bit.

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    azidrane
    Guest

    Re: Some sort of sum product

    Almost. That is nearly what I had done before. What I had done before
    was close to correct, and the fact that you sort of thought on the same
    lines I figured i'd revisit the proposed solution. What I wanted was
    this
    "=SUMIF(Sheet2!A:A,A1,Sheet2!B:B)/SUMIF(Sheet2!A:A,A1,Sheet2!C:C)". But
    the problem was my own formatting. I figured it out. Thanks for your
    help.

    Cheers!

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips