Excel 2003 freeze panes won't freeze top row only

  1. #1
    macbone2002
    Guest

    Excel 2003 freeze panes won't freeze top row only

    Using Excel2003, I have tried to freeze just the top row, and /or leftmost 3
    columns as these have titles in. I have done this separately and together,
    and in all cases Excel freezes the top half and the leftmost half of the
    visible screen (top 15 rows, leftmost 7 columns).
    I have also recorded this in a macro and viewed it. The VBA is only
    selecting the row / column(s) I selected i.e.
    Range("1:1").Select
    ActiveWindow.FreezePanes = True
    Range("A:C").Select
    ActiveWindow.FreezePanes = True
    Running this leads to the same result.
    Any help please.

  2. #2
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: Excel 2003 freeze panes won't freeze top row only

    Hi

    You need to select row 2 not row 1.
    Place your cursor in cell D2 and choose Windows>Freeze Panes

    --
    Regards

    Roger Govier

    news:[email protected]...