Control toolbox has vanished

  1. #1
    Graham Whitehead
    Guest

    Control toolbox has vanished

    I am having a really bizarre problem. Basically, I can not use the control
    toolbox within the visual basic toolbar in excel. I click on the button and
    nothing happens. I have tried to use the intermediate window to show it
    just incase I 'missplaced' it - but nothing happened. Interestingly, I can
    take a control from word and then copy and paste it into Excel (although not
    too sure if it will work when code it put in etc - but the main point is
    that the control toolbox works in word). Has anyone else ever come accross
    this problem? BTW, I am using excel 2000.

  2. #2

    Re: Control toolbox has vanished

    Do you mean the toolbar you see within the VBE?

    Saved from a previous post:

    I had a similar problem a little while ago. The toolbox would appear, but all
    the icons were missing.

    I got this message from Rob Bovey:

    > With Excel shut down, search your hard disk(s) for a file called
    > Excel.box (it's the VBE toolbox equivalent of an Excel .xlb file). Delete it
    > and then restart Excel. That may do the trick.

    And this message from Tom Ogilvy:

    > It appears to be just a special multipage control.
    >
    > If you right click above the tabs, you get a shortcut menu that allows you
    > to add and delete pages.
    >
    > If you right click on one of the tabs, you get the additional controls popup
    > menu. Select that and just click the controls you want on the tab/page.

    I believe I did a little of Tom's suggestion, until I broke down and just did
    them all at once with Rob's suggestion.

    (It scared the heck out of me!)

    =======
    You may want to rename excel.box to excel.boxOLD--just in case this doesn't help
    and you want to get it back.