excel form not functioning correctly

  1. #1
    Rusty
    Guest

    excel form not functioning correctly

    I'm using Excel 2003 on XP Pro. I have a user who has created a form in Excel
    which utilizes radio buttons, drop down lists and fill-in fields. The
    workbook was saved as a template, so when opened it creates a new document
    that becomes the completed form for email return. The problem is this: When
    the template is accessed and opened, the drop downs work, the fill-in fields
    work, but the radio buttons don't. The template was saved NOT in design view,
    and WITH protection enabled. Once the form is opened (new document) you can
    turn protection off, make sure design mode is exited (tends to be in design
    mode when protection is turned off - any significance?) and then protection
    is turned back on - everything works find. All drop downs, fields AND radio
    buttons. The other oddity is that on one computer, it all works fine when the
    file is initially opened. It is only after emailing the .dot file and opening
    it on another computer that the problem arises.

    I'm stumped.... maybe I'm missing something really easy/obvious, but I can't
    seem to figure it out. Can anyone help? These forms need to be sent to
    applicants ASAP!

    Thanks in advance.....

  2. #2

    Re: excel form not functioning correctly

    Just a guess...

    Are the optionbuttons assigned to a cell on a worksheet? And is that cell
    locked on a protected worksheet?

    If yes, try unlocking that cell.

    (and you meant .xlt--not .dot, right?)

  3. #3
    Rusty
    Guest

    Re: excel form not functioning correctly

    Geez, do I feel like a dope! I'm so used to working in Excel that I posted
    here - the form is in WORD!! It was the .dot reference that made me do a
    "DOH!!"

    Sorry! Wish I could pull the original post!
    Thanks for your assistance, though!