Help pulling data from pivot table for calculation

  1. #1

    Help pulling data from pivot table for calculation

    I wanted to find out if there was anybody out there who could help. I attached a copy of a pivot table. This is just one of many files and the actuals column (highlighted) is no a constant. I wanted to find out if there was any way to do a search for any actuals columns and pull and total the data for other calculations. I know this can be done but still a newbie to VB and can not figure it out on my own.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Help pulling data from pivot table for calculation

    I didn't open your file, but you can use the GetPivotData function to
    extract data from a pivot table. There are examples in Excel's Help, and
    here:

    mike703 wrote:
    > I wanted to find out if there was anybody out there who could help. I
    > attached a copy of a pivot table. This is just one of many files and
    > the actuals column (highlighted) is no a constant. I wanted to find out
    > if there was any way to do a search for any actuals columns and pull and
    > total the data for other calculations. I know this can be done but still
    > a newbie to VB and can not figure it out on my own.

    > |Filename: Actuals.doc |
    > |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4836 |

    Debra Dalgleish
    Contextures