Saving data in Excel

  1. #1
    Wayne in Maine
    Guest

    Saving data in Excel

    When I save things in excel occasionally all the green squares fill in during
    the process. Usually though I am missing from 1 to 8. Sometimes the 2nd or
    3rd is missing. Sometimes the 5th is missing, sometimes the 2nd, 3rd, and
    4th are missing. Once the only ones filled in were the first 2 and last 5
    squares. Does this mean that not all the data is being saved ? I am using
    Excel 2003 and a Floppy. Thanks for any help you can give me. Wayne

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Saving data in Excel

    I don't quite understand but
    NEVER save a file directly to a floppy. Save FIRST and then COPY to the
    floppy. Otherwise you risk corrupting the file completely.

    Also, never work on a file on a floppy. Copy to the HD>work on it >save>copy
    back to the floppy.

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software