Sorting Sorting Sorting

  1. #1
    Skydiver
    Guest

    Sorting Sorting Sorting

    I have data in column A & B. Column A contains text and column B contains
    mixed dates (years). I want to sort ascending both columns based on the
    earliest to latest date. Help.

    John

  2. #2
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: Sorting Sorting Sorting

    John,

    Select all of the data that you want to sort.
    Go to the Data menu and select Sort.
    On the displayed form make sure column B is selected
    and that ascending is check marked.
    --
    Jim Cone (D582)
    San Francisco, USA

  3. #3
    Fred Smith
    Guest

    Re: Sorting Sorting Sorting

    As long as column B contains true Excel dates, it's a simple Data>Sort...
    Specify column B in Sort By, and it will put them in order with the earliest
    first.

    Fred

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4