MSOffice default directory

  1. #1

    MSOffice default directory

    Hi,

    When I create a new document in any MSOffice application, and first
    save it to disk,
    the dialog always comes up with "My Documents" as default-directory,
    which I think is pretty annoying.

    I would rather prefer if the default directory was the last directory
    where
    you saved a new document, or maybe the directory where you last opened
    a document or something more sensible...

    So... is there any setting somewhere to change this behaviour?

    Thanks,
    =AD-

    grz 01

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Ohio, USA
    In Tools - Options - General, change the default file location

  3. #3
    Max
    Guest

    Re: MSOffice default directory

    "[email protected]" wrote:
    > .. "My Documents" as default-directory,
    > .. is there any setting somewhere to change this behaviour?

    In Excel, click: Tools > Options > General tab
    Change the path for "default file location" > OK
    --
    Max
    Singapore

  4. #4
    DL
    Guest

    Re: MSOffice default directory

    You can change the default Folder, but I dont believe you can do what you
    want

    <[email protected]> wrote in message

    When I create a new document in any MSOffice application, and first
    save it to disk,
    the dialog always comes up with "My Documents" as default-directory,
    which I think is pretty annoying.

    I would rather prefer if the default directory was the last directory
    where
    you saved a new document, or maybe the directory where you last opened
    a document or something more sensible...

    So... is there any setting somewhere to change this behaviour?

    Thanks,
    -

    grz 01