How Do You Copy A Total Formula Value From One Sheet To Another?

  1. #1

    Unhappy How Do You Copy A Total Formula Value From One Sheet To Another?

    Hi Guys, I need to know how to copy cells of total values from one sheet to another if any one could help please?
    I have 10 columns with 20 rows which each have a different total value, I used the Add tool to total the rows, and dragged the formula to give the total on the other 9 columns. It's all fine, no problem. however when I try to copy the full total row to paste it on another sheet, the numbers do not show & only the REF#### shows on the new sheet! I've tried to format the cells to text, general, numbers, but nothing had worked! Your help would be appreciated. Thank you

  2. #2

    Re: How Do You Copy A Total Formula Value From One Sheet To Another?

    Are you only interested in the values?

    Edit|copy your range
    Select the destination cell
    edit|paste special|values

  3. #3
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: How Do You Copy A Total Formula Value From One Sheet To Another?

    Paste special > paste link, or paste special as value, the former will
    update
    You cannot copy the autosum formula that refers to a number of rows from one
    sheet to another
    because the formula will change from the source sheet to the new sheet and
    if you paste into a row with lesser number
    than your source formula it will return a ref error

    Peo Sjoblom

    Excel 95 - Excel 2007
    Northwest Excel Solutions
    www.nwexcelsolutions.com
    if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey

    "udela" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...