inserting a named range into new cells based on a named cell

  1. #1
    Peter S.
    Guest

    inserting a named range into new cells based on a named cell

    I want to have a range of cells copied into a new cell range based on a
    single cell's input. i.e. when I type "area1" into a cell I need to have a
    defined range of cells that relate to "area1" automatically conpied into a a
    new range of cells.

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: inserting a named range into new cells based on a named cell

    Hi!

    One way:

    Assume the named range, Area1, comprises the range A1:A5.

    You enter the name Area1 in C1 and want the values of that named range to
    appear in F1:F5.

    Select the range F1:F5.

    Type this formula:

    =IF(C1="","",INDIRECT(C1))

    Then enter it using the key combination of CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER.

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...