copying named range

  1. #1
    ym
    Guest

    copying named range

    i have a list of cells in sheet1 that i want to be automatically copied to
    sheet2.
    what i did was to use named range for the cells and use the forumla
    =namedRange in sheet 2.

    However it did not paste the entire range. Say the sheet1 cells are A1:A5.
    If i wrote the foruma =namedNamed in sheet2 cell C2, it will paste the value
    relative to the row which is A2 in sheet1. So if i write that forumla in C10,
    i get nothing.

    my ultimate goal would be to be able to copy the range of cells from sheet1
    to sheet 2 automatically. thanks

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: copying named range

    Make sure that the named range references are absolute.

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    ym
    Guest

    Re: copying named range

    thanks for your reply.

    but could u elaborate further.
    by the way i am using a dynamic named range
    if it cant be done with dynamic, its ok if i try with a static one

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: copying named range