pivot table formulas for calculated field or calculated item

  1. #1
    Vicky
    Guest

    pivot table formulas for calculated field or calculated item

    Hi,
    I have a database which contains the data of receipt of material. Every day
    I used to download the data in a workbook. from that workbook I have created
    pivot table which contains the field like Item No. in row field, date in
    column field & the data field is the sum of Qty something like this :
    DESIRED DATE
    im_code 01/04/2006 02/04/2006 03/04/2006
    ATM0083 10 20 5
    ATM0641 2 6 20
    TUD004A 45 75 40
    TUD005A 66 47 36
    Now i want to add a calculated field which adds the sum of Qty. for previous
    date i.e the cumulative figure of the received material for every day. The
    output / result would be something like :
    DESIRED DATE
    im_code 01/04/06 ***.01/04/06 02/04/06 ***.02/04/06 03/04/06 ***. 03/04/06
    ATM0083 10 10 20 30 5 35
    ATM0641 2 2 6 8 20 28
    TUD004A 45 45 75 120 40 160
    TUD005A 66 66 47 113 36 149
    Could anybody help me out to solve this problem or is their any other way to
    get the cumulative figure of receipt material for each day.
    Thanks in advance.
    --
    Vikram Dhemare

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: pivot table formulas for calculated field or calculated item

    You can add a running total:

    From the field list drag another copy of the Quantity field to the
    pivot table's data area, where it will appear as Sum of Quantity2
    Right-click on the heading of that column, and choose Field Settings
    Click the Options button
    From the 'Show data as' dropdown, choose Running Total in
    As the Base field, select your date field.
    Click OK

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Contextures

  3. #3
    Vicky
    Guest

    Re: pivot table formulas for calculated field or calculated item

    Thanks Debra,

    It is working.You have been help me a lot.
    --
    Vicky

  4. #4
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: pivot table formulas for calculated field or calculated item

    You're welcome. Thanks for letting me know that it helped.