using dcount on a variable data range

  1. #1
    JohnJC
    Guest

    using dcount on a variable data range

    I want to use dcount on a data range, but the number of rows of data will
    vary depending on a calculated value elsewhere in the S/S. Is there any way
    of dealing with this without going into VB programming?

    I can record a macro but cannot write them from scratch

  2. #2
    Miguel Zapico
    Guest

    RE: using dcount on a variable data range

    You may use dynamic named ranges. There are some examples at:
    http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/DynamicRanges.htm

    Hope this helps,
    Miguel.