How do I replace ('S) with ('s) within an excel list of company na

  1. #1
    John1521
    Guest

    How do I replace ('S) with ('s) within an excel list of company na

    I used proper() on a list of company names and addresses. the company that
    included a ('s) got changed to ('S). The direction in the addresses got
    changed from (SW) to (Sw). I tried to find and replace but the find did not
    recognise ('s) or (Sw). I even setup another column and used copy and paste
    special values to permentely change the data from that was changed with
    Proper().

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    London
    Try this:

    1. Control + H to pull up replace dialogue box.
    2. Click on the Options button to see the extended options.
    3. Select Match Case.

    It should work now.
    Martin Short

  3. #3
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: How do I replace ('S) with ('s) within an excel list of company na

    Using the Find and Replace feature........find ~'S, replace with 's..........
    find Sw, replace with SW

    works for me in XL97

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3