Question about different paste area sizes

  1. #1
    Sam
    Guest

    Question about different paste area sizes

    Hi all - I posted this question a few weeks back and haven't received any
    replies. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, but maybe I am just out
    of luck in getting this warning back.

    In the previous version of Excel installed on my computer, if I copied a
    large block of data and highlighted the area where I wanted to paste it, and
    the areas did not contain the same number of cells, I would get a warning.
    This warning was a double check for me that I was pasting the appropriate
    data in the appropriate place on my spreadsheet. Now I don't get that
    warning. Is there a box anywhere I can check to get the warning back? Thanks

  2. #2

    Re: Question about different paste area sizes

    which version of Excel are you using?
    I have Excel 2002 (XP) and 2003, both give the warning you are looking
    for.

  3. #3
    Sam
    Guest

    Re: Question about different paste area sizes

    I am using 2003, but I don't get the warning. Ugh!

  4. #4
    SiC
    Guest

    Re: Question about different paste area sizes

    I am also using the 2003 version of Excel, and have the same problem as Sam.
    Maybe there's a patch we can download to fix this issue? I am going to check
    for any downloadable updates for Excel 2003. Unfortunately it looks like
    this post is going to be buried deeper and deeper in the mean time.

    -Simon

  5. #5
    Sam
    Guest

    Re: Question about different paste area sizes

    Thanks for checking into it, Simon. I would love to hear if you find
    anything. I will also check with our IT people here to see if they are aware
    of the problem.

  6. #6
    SimonCC
    Guest

    Re: Question about different paste area sizes

    Still having the same problem after downloading and installing updates and
    service pack 2. I am not sure what else to do from here.

    -Simon