auto filter not working

  1. #1

    auto filter not working

    My autofilter suddenly stopped displaying the number found in the lower
    left corner of the spreadsheet. It will display the results based on
    the search, but the number found is missing. If I right click on the
    word Filter Mode, it has SUM checked. This seems to happen to most of
    my spreadsheets. How do I fix the problem and second why is this
    happening?

    Thanks,

    Paul

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: auto filter not working

    When your list has many formulas, or if a cell in the list is changed
    after an AutoFilter has been applied, the Status Bar may show "Filter
    Mode" instead of a count of the visible records.

    The following MSKB article has information:

    The AutoFilter status bar displays the "Filter Mode" message in Excel
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=213886

    And there are a couple of workarounds here:
    http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Count

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Contextures

  3. #3

    Re: auto filter not working

    Debra,

    Thanks a bunch. That fixed it.

  4. #4
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: auto filter not working

    You're welcome! Thanks for letting me know that it fixed the problem.