Add tab with ID to hidden columns in Excel

  1. #1
    Buddha_PE
    Guest

    Add tab with ID to hidden columns in Excel

    When you hide fields, it would be functional to add a tab to identify those
    hidden columns. For instance, you could hide and expand "Employee
    Information" contained in several columns while working mostly with other
    employee data on a daily basis.

    ----------------
    click "I Agree" in the message pane.

  2. #2
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: Add tab with ID to hidden columns in Excel

    Check Excel Help for "outlining"

    I think that covers your suggestion.

    ***********
    Regards,
    Ron

    XL2002, WinXP

  3. #3

    Re: Add tab with ID to hidden columns in Excel

    You may want to look at selecting columns and then using Data|Group.

    You might get close to the effect that you want.

  4. #4
    Jim Rech
    Guest

    Re: Add tab with ID to hidden columns in Excel

    One of the reason MS has given for revamping Excel's UI in Excel 2007 is
    that most of the feature users request are already in the product.

    --
    Jim
    news:[email protected]...