Counting from one range to another range, multiple criteria

  1. #1
    macamarr
    Guest

    Counting from one range to another range, multiple criteria

    I have 600 account # and 5 five weeks of deliveries. All the account numbers
    are in column A and all the account # delivered are in column B. What I need
    to do is count all the accounts delivered and place the count in column C. If
    there is a way please inform. Thank You!

    I am trying to avoid having to type/change the criteria in each lines formula.

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Counting from one range to another range, multiple criteria

    Is it not just =COUNTIF(B:B,"<>")

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    macamarr
    Guest

    Re: Counting from one range to another range, multiple criteria

    No, that will not work. Here is how I have to formulate now
    (=COUNTIF(A:A,"5")) The problem with that is I would have to do that for
    every account number that recieved a delivery. I have 600 accounts that
    possibly recieved a delivery(s) over the course of six weeks. I want to count
    how many times they were delivered.

    Example:
    Deliveries Account# Count of Deliveries
    "A" " B" "C"
    1 1 2
    2 2 2
    2 3 0
    52 4 0

    71 5 0
    71 6 0

    further down the line 52 = 1 & 71 = 2

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Counting from one range to another range, multiple criteria

    can you not just add those account numbers to another sheet and use the cell
    reference in the formula?