This might not seem like an Excel problem ...

  1. #1
    Adept
    Guest

    This might not seem like an Excel problem ...

    But, since it only occurs within Excel, I thought I'd start here.

    When I click on 'Save As ...' , the dialog box pops up. OK so far

    When I click on the 'Up Arrow' icon to go to the parent directory, nothing
    happens. Same for other icons.

    They seem to be disabled

    Fortunately, the directory list box is active so I can navigate using that.
    This ONLY happens from within Excel (2000).

    Is this a 'known' problem?

    If not, any suggestions on what newsgroup to try next.

    Roger

    --

    +AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0-
    The welfare of the people in particular has always been the alibi of

  2. #2

    Re: This might not seem like an Excel problem ...

    I don't have xl2k and I don't have the problem with xl2003.

    But if I click inside the window that shows the files (so I'm not in one of the
    dropdown boxes), I can hit the backspace key and go up one level.

    Maybe it'll work for you until you find the real solution.

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: This might not seem like an Excel problem ...

    I do have Excel 2000, but I don't have the problem, so it must be system
    related.

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Adept
    Guest

    Re: This might not seem like an Excel problem ...

    Thanks ....

    That will work for now

    Roger