Filtering With Subtotals.

  1. #1
    pt_lily
    Guest

    Filtering With Subtotals.

    I have a spreadsheet that currently has subtotals in it. I have also applied
    auto-filter to the sheet. Whenever I filter for anything, it always pulls
    the very last subtotal on the sheet. I cannot seem to figure out why it
    keeps pulling this row. Does anyone know how I can keep this from happening?

    Thank you!

  2. #2
    Allllen
    Guest

    RE: Filtering With Subtotals.

    Can you tell us if the very last line which you mention turns blue when you
    autofilter?

    If it doesn't then it is not included in the filter, so it will always show.

    To get around this, turn off the filter, then select all the rows, then turn
    the autofilter back on again. Does that work?
    --
    please reply by thread not email
    Allllen

  3. #3

    Re: Filtering With Subtotals.

    I'd be careful if you're doing this. Data|Filter and Data|Subtotals don't
    always work nicely with each other.