Help with formula

  1. #1

    Help with formula

    I have searched for this, but can't find it. I am trying to make a formula in conditional formatting to place text in cell E6 based on an IF statement based on text in cell C6. So, if cell C6 has the word "yes" typed in it, then text "complete" will be placed in cell E6. Can you guys help me with how this formula would be written? I have =IF(c6="yes",????

    Thanks,
    You guys r awesome!

    JZZMAN

  2. #2
    BTW,

    I didn't mention my formula is not in cell E6 I need it to be in cell AA6.

  3. #3
    Allllen
    Guest

    RE: Help with formula

    Sure

    =IF(C6="yes","complete","whatever you want it to say if C6 is not yes")

    --
    Reply by thread only
    thanks

  4. #4
    Thanks for the reply.

  5. #5
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Help with formula

    CF cannot do this. You do need a formula
    in e6
    =if(c6="Yes","Complete","")

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software

  6. #6
    David Biddulph
    Guest

    Re: Help with formula

    "jzzman" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

    > I have searched for this, but can't find it. I am trying to make a
    > formula in conditional formatting to place text in cell E6 based on an
    > IF statement based on text in cell C6. So, if cell C6 has the word
    > "yes" typed in it, then text "complete" will be placed in cell E6. Can
    > you guys help me with how this formula would be written? I have
    > =IF(c6="yes",????

    It's not conditional formatting, as you are altering the content of the
    cell, not its format.
    In E6, put the formula
    =IF(C6="yes","complete","not complete")
    [You can replace "not complete" by whatever you want in E6 if C6 is NOT
    "yes". Put "" if you want it to be blank in that case.]
    --
    David Biddulph

  7. #7
    Allllen
    Guest

    RE: Help with formula

    Also, conditional formatting will only help you change the formatting of a
    cell, not the text in it. You have to put your formula in the cell itself.
    --
    Reply by thread only
    thanks

  8. #8
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Help with formula

    Then you will need a macro. cell AA6 cannot put data in e6 via cf or a
    formula.