how to make one column copy from one sheet to anoth column w/o zer

  1. #1
    areezm
    Guest

    how to make one column copy from one sheet to anoth column w/o zer

    I am trying to copy one column from one sheet to another sheet without
    getting all the zeros at the end, This is for a template that will have
    varying range sizes.

    Any suggestions???

  2. #2
    Allllen
    Guest

    RE: how to make one column copy from one sheet to anoth column w/o zer

    It is difficult to understand your question. I think you want to have a
    formula in the new sheet that refers to the data on another sheet.

    Instead of just "=sheet1!A1", which will give you 0s where the cells on
    sheet1 are blank, you can use something like this, which writes "" (nothing)
    if the cell A1 on sheet1 is blank:

    =IF(sheet1!A1=0,"",sheet1!A1)

    --
    Reply to post if not correct
    Allllen

  3. #3

    Re: how to make one column copy from one sheet to anoth column w/o zer

    If sheet1!a1 actually equals 0, then your formula would hide that.

    I'd use:

    =if(sheet1!a1="","",sheet1!a1)

  4. #4
    Allllen
    Guest

    Re: how to make one column copy from one sheet to anoth column w/o

    Yes, I agree, use Dave's: it is better.
    --
    Reply by thread only
    thanks