Any way to link comments (dynamic) to another cell's contents?

  1. #1
    KR
    Guest

    Any way to link comments (dynamic) to another cell's contents?

    Is there any way to pull text from a target cell to dynamically populate a
    comment on another sheet?

    I pull data from Sheet1(A:A) and sort it on Sheet4; I'd like the users to be
    able to view the data from Sheet1(B:D) on mouseover for just the row they
    are looking at; so for example,
    Sheet1: A14= "Bob Henderson", B14="Member since 1997", C14="Current dues
    paid", D14="Training requirements completed"

    When A:A gets sorted onto Sheet4, I just want to show the name (A:A) and
    some other fields, but not have B:D visible. However, for some users of the
    sheet, they do need that info, and so I was thinking if it was in a comment
    they could just mouseover and see it, but it wouldn't show when printed (and
    they wouldn't have to hide and unhide columns). I'm ok with concatenating
    the values of B14:C14, but haven't figured out a way to get them into a
    comment dynamically so they will update when data in Sheet1 is updated.

    Is this possible?

    (using Excel 2003)

    Thanks,
    Keith
    --
    The enclosed questions or comments are entirely mine and don't represent the
    thoughts, views, or policy of my employer. Any errors or omissions are my

  2. #2
    Shaun
    Guest

    RE: Any way to link comments (dynamic) to another cell's contents?

    I too would like to know how to link info from another area in the workbook
    to the comments for a cell. Any help is appreciated.....

    Shaun