How can i get the 3 highest in a range

  1. #1
    Roy
    Guest

    How can i get the 3 highest in a range

    Hi,
    I have a range of 10 numbers.
    How can I get the sum of the 3 highest numbers in a range?

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: How can i get the 3 highest in a range

    Hi!

    Try this:

    =SUM(LARGE(A1:A10,{1,2,3}))

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    One way is

    =LARGE(B2:B11,1)
    =LARGE(B2:B11,2)
    =LARGE(B2:B11,3)

    put these formulas in A1, A2 and A3. B2:B11 is your 10 numbers you wish to search.

    hope it helps.

  4. #4
    Roy
    Guest

    Re: How can i get the 3 highest in a range

    YES! in stead of an formula that is huge, I now have this little formula.
    BIG THANKS

    /Roy

  5. #5
    SonicBro1
    Guest

    Re: How can i get the 3 highest in a range

    This was helpful. I am doing the same thing but will have ranges that are
    not the same.

    IE: Looking to sum the top 20 when some have 25#s & others have less than 20.

    Halp!

  6. #6
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: How can i get the 3 highest in a range

    =SUM(LARGE(A1:A100,ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&MIN(20,COUNT(A1:A100))))))

    which is an array formula, it should be committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter, not
    just Enter.

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...