Closed Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3

IF FACTOR?

  1. #1
    Bernadette
    Guest

    IF FACTOR?

    How would I create a formula to do the following:
    I need to multiply figure A by the correct % based on the figures in B and C
    A)$177,740 B) 38.3% C) 41.79
    Ex- If B is 38.3% I would need to us the % rate based on GM% less than 40,
    however,because C is 41.79 that is greater than 40 so the multiplier would
    be 6.0%
    The end result I would need is $177,740 X 6%. To get the 6% figure I need to
    determine by the charte below, what % to use.
    (B) ********(C)*********
    GM% >20 20-40 >40
    <35 3.0% 3.5% 4.0%
    <40 4.0% 5.0% 6.0%
    <45 5.0% 7.0% 9.0%
    <50 6.0% 9.0% 12.0%

  2. #2
    hans bal(nl)
    Guest

    RE: IF FACTOR?

    Hi Bernadette,

    You can do this by using a vlookup function with variable offset ( third
    parameterof the function).

    Since it is more difficult to explain that to create, you might send me you
    email adress, and I will send you an example worksheet.

    Send an email to [email protected] and you will get an answer quickly.

    hans

  3. #3
    David Biddulph
    Guest

    Re: IF FACTOR?

    "Bernadette" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > How would I create a formula to do the following:
    > I need to multiply figure A by the correct % based on the figures in B and
    > A)$177,740 B) 38.3% C) 41.79
    > Ex- If B is 38.3% I would need to us the % rate based on GM% less than 40,
    > however,because C is 41.79 that is greater than 40 so the multiplier
    > would
    > be 6.0%
    > The end result I would need is $177,740 X 6%. To get the 6% figure I need
    > determine by the charte below, what % to use.
    > (B) ********(C)*********
    > GM% >20 20-40 >40
    > <35 3.0% 3.5% 4.0%
    > <40 4.0% 5.0% 6.0%
    > <45 5.0% 7.0% 9.0%
    > <50 6.0% 9.0% 12.0%

    =A8*INDEX(B3:D6,MATCH(B8*100,A3:A6)+1,MATCH(C8,B2:D2)+1)
    where your inputs are in A8, B8, C8, your table of values is B3:D6.
    A3 to A6 should contain your 35, 40, 45, 50 values,
    I'm assuming that your >20 should have been <20, so I've got 20 in B2, 40 in
    C2, and a large number in D2.

    Note that you haven't catered for your 2nd input being 50% or above.
    --
    David Biddulph

Closed Thread