Question for all you clever people....

  1. #1
    Mag\(\)\(\)
    Guest

    Question for all you clever people....

    Let me see if I can explain.....

    I have worksheet No 1 (called codes) with a list of numbers 1,2,3 etc though
    to 10.
    On worksheet I have a list of part number that is around 10,000 lines long.
    Each part number have a price ranging from £0 to £2000.

    From worksheet 1 I need a formula in worksheet 2 showing that if a price is
    between £0 and £29 I need the code number "1" inserted in column A. If a
    part has a price between £30 and £199 I need a code of "2"
    inserting..........and so on down the 10,000 line spreadsheet.

    Please help ;-)

    Hope this is clear.

    TiA

    Mag()()

  2. #2
    Pete_UK
    Guest

    Re: Question for all you clever people....

    Set up your table on Worksheet 1 which lists your price bands and the
    codes for them, in this format:

    =A30.00 1
    =A330.00 2
    =A3200.00 3

    etc up to code 10.

    Highlight all the cells in this table and Insert | Name | Define and
    give the range a name such as "table". Then enter a formula like the
    following in A1 on Worksheet 2:

    =3DVLOOKUP(F1,table,2,TRUE)

    where F1 is the cell containing the price of the item (adjust to suit).
    Copy this formula down to A10000 and you should have what you want.

    Hope this helps.

    Pete

    Mag()() wrote:
    > Let me see if I can explain.....
    >
    > I have worksheet No 1 (called codes) with a list of numbers 1,2,3 etc tho=

    ugh
    > to 10.
    > On worksheet I have a list of part number that is around 10,000 lines lon=

    g=2E
    > Each part number have a price ranging from =A30 to =A32000.
    >
    > From worksheet 1 I need a formula in worksheet 2 showing that if a price =

    is
    > between =A30 and =A329 I need the code number "1" inserted in column A. I=

    f a

  3. #3
    Mag\(\)\(\)
    Guest

    Re: Question for all you clever people....

    Pete,
    Worked a treat.

    Thanks

    mag()()

    "Pete_UK" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    Set up your table on Worksheet 1 which lists your price bands and the
    codes for them, in this format:

    £0.00 1
    £30.00 2