How do you set mutliple groups of radio buttons?

  1. #1
    dwm
    Guest

    How do you set mutliple groups of radio buttons?

    I know I can group them, but how can I keep that Group Box from showing up on
    my form? If I remove the Group Box, then the Cell Links all become the same
    address.

  2. #2
    Bob Umlas, Excel MVP
    Guest

    RE: How do you set mutliple groups of radio buttons?

    To do it without group boxes, you need to use the activeX control's option
    buttons (from the control toolbox, not the forms). Once you have the buttons
    placed on the sheet, in design mode (from the control toolbox), select the
    option button and right-click the button, select Properties. In this window,
    give the button's Groupname a unique name -- one name per group, a separate
    name for each group of buttons you want to work independently. FOr example,
    you have 5 buttons (button 1 thru 5). Buttons 1,2,3 all get the group name
    "Bob" and buttons 4 & 5 get the group name "dwm", Now exit design mode and
    you'll see the first 3 work as one group and the last 2 as another.
    Bob Umlas, Excel MVP

  3. #3
    dwm
    Guest

    RE: How do you set multiple groups of radio buttons?

    Bob,

    I guess I misspoke. My "form" is an Excel spreadsheet, so there's no design
    mode. And you totally lost me with talk of ActiveX. (I feel like such a
    novice!)

    donna

  4. #4
    Dave Peterson
    Guest

    Re: How do you set multiple groups of radio buttons?

    ActiveX = controls from the control toolbox toolbar.

    But another option is to design your form using those groupboxes. Then hide the
    groupboxes. They'll still be there, but you won't be able to see them.

    If you want to try:

    select the worksheet with the groupboxes to hide.
    hit alt-f11 to get to the VBE
    hit ctrl-g to see the immediate window
    type this and hit enter:
    activesheet.groupboxes.visible = false

    When you want to see them again (for changing the design), you can do the same
    thing, but use True.

    --

    Dave Peterson

  5. #5
    dwm
    Guest

    Re: How do you set multiple groups of radio buttons?

    Dave, you're wonderful! This is just the type of solution I was looking for.

    Bob, thanks for your input, too. I got a co-worker to trigger your solution.

    Gentlemen, you are both lifesavers! You made my day and the remainder of my
    workday will go much smoother now. Have a terrific evening!

    donna