delete multiple "drop down" boxes in an excel spreadsheet

  1. #1
    SFJayhawk
    Guest

    delete multiple "drop down" boxes in an excel spreadsheet

    I am pasting a large amount of data that has a number of underlying drop down
    boxes embedded in the data. How can I completely remove these boxes? I do
    not care if the data within the boxes is saved. Any help would be much
    appreciated! Thanks. Perhaps using VBA?

  2. #2
    Allllen
    Guest

    RE: delete multiple "drop down" boxes in an excel spreadsheet

    start by trying this:
    select the whole sheet
    data > validation > clear all

    if they are really combo boxes or list boxes then this can be done with VBA
    but I reckon you won't need it
    --
    Allllen

  3. #3
    SFJayhawk
    Guest

    RE: delete multiple "drop down" boxes in an excel spreadsheet

    Looks good. I also have another problem in that I have embedded HTML boxes.
    Do you know how to delete all of these at once? The cell =
    EMBED("Forms.HTML:Hidden.1",")

    Thanks again for your help

  4. #4
    Allllen
    Guest

    RE: delete multiple "drop down" boxes in an excel spreadsheet

    Post this as a new question in the programming section. You will have to use
    a VBA subroutine.
    --
    Allllen