How do I automatically input emails if I know the protocol?

  1. #1

    How do I automatically input emails if I know the protocol?

    Hi Everyone,

    I have a sheet with First Name, MI, and Last Name in Columns A, B, and
    C and company domain in column D. I would like figure out how to
    combine these into an email address in column E that reads
    FirstinitialLastName@"Domain" so Mel Kiper at Microsoft.com becomes
    [email protected]. Ideally I would like to maybe make macros for
    common email protocols as well. Any Ideas?

    Regards,

    Reece

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: How do I automatically input emails if I know the protocol?

    =LOWER(LEFT(A2))&LOWER(C2)&"@"&LOWER(D2)

    if you want it to start up the email program when you select the cell

    =HYPERLINK("mailto:"&LOWER(LEFT(A2))&LOWER(C2)&"@"&LOWER(D2),LOWER(LEFT(A2))&LOWER(C2)&"@"&LOWER(D2))

    for the second question

    http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm

    Peo Sjoblom

    Excel 95 - Excel 2007
    Northwest Excel Solutions
    www.nwexcelsolutions.com
    if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    RJ
    Guest

    RE: How do I automatically input emails if I know the protocol?

    E1 formula

    =left(A1,1) & C1 &"@" & D1

  4. #4

    Thanks for the help

    Thank you very much Peo.

  5. #5
    RJ
    Guest

    RE: How do I automatically input emails if I know the protocol?

    If you wanted to be able to click on the e-mail address and have it open a
    new mail message then just add the hyperlink to my formula

    =hyperlink(left(A1,1) & C1 &"@" & D1)

  6. #6
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: How do I automatically input emails if I know the protocol?

    Not really, you need to use mailto if you want to use it as an email
    address, else it will return an error

    Peo Sjoblom

    Excel 95 - Excel 2007
    Northwest Excel Solutions
    www.nwexcelsolutions.com
    if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey

    news:[email protected]...