reset default field settings in pivotable reports

  1. #1
    Forest Grove
    Guest

    reset default field settings in pivotable reports

    My Excel has its default field settings for pivotable reports set as count. I
    want to reset it to SUM. How can I do it?

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: reset default field settings in pivotable reports

    You can't change the default, it is always sum as long as there are numbers,
    if excel thinks it is text or if you have blanks it will change to count

    Peo Sjoblom

    Excel 95 - Excel 2007
    Northwest Excel Solutions
    www.nwexcelsolutions.com
    if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Miguel Zapico
    Guest

    RE: reset default field settings in pivotable reports

    Usually the pivot table has SUM as default for numbers and COUNT as default
    for text. What may happen here is that the field may contain some text, or
    number formated as text, and that makes the default option to be COUNT.
    To assure that this is what happens, you may create a new pivot table with
    simple data in a new workbook, and check if the SUM and COUNT are assigned
    appropiately. If so, then check the original column of data for text
    formatted values. If not, that is beyond my expertise.

    Hope this helps,
    Miguel.