gridlines and formatting will not print Excel 2003

  1. #1
    Realbigphish
    Guest

    gridlines and formatting will not print Excel 2003

    I am trying to print a worksheet in Excel 2003 which has both gridlines and
    cell shading; however they don't appear on the print preview or actual print.

    I've tried usual stuff like checking off gridlines in page setup and
    increasing print resolution....anybody know why I can't get the cell
    formatting to print?

  2. #2
    dramajuana
    Guest

    RE: gridlines and formatting will not print Excel 2003

    The only way I know how to do that is slightly tedious, but it works. Select
    one of the cells that you want to have grinlines. Right click and choose
    "format cells." Use the border tab and put a border around that cell. Click
    or arrow to the next cell and repeat (use Ctrl + Y). That will throw
    gridlines in and leave the shading. Hope that helps.

  3. #3
    Realbigphish
    Guest

    RE: gridlines and formatting will not print Excel 2003

    I think that I was misusing terminology there...... to be clear - I actually
    meant borders, not gridlines......I have added borders to different ranges of
    cells - they're not printing, and they don't show up in print preview.

    Thanks.