How can I enter multiple paragraphs in a single Excel cell?

  1. #1
    dclink9
    Guest

    How can I enter multiple paragraphs in a single Excel cell?

    In a single Excel cell I am trying to include multiple paragraphs of text
    which have a blank line between the paragraphs. For example, cell A1 has
    item number '1000' and an associated detailed description. I am only able to
    enter the description across multiple rows which does not support the
    multiple sorting requirements of the spreadsheet. Ideas??

  2. #2
    SimonCC
    Guest

    RE: How can I enter multiple paragraphs in a single Excel cell?

    Alt-Enter will take you to the next line within a cell.

    -Simon

  3. #3
    ed
    Guest

    Re: How can I enter multiple paragraphs in a single Excel cell?

    Use Alt-Enter for a carriage return (paragraph) and 2 of them for the
    seperation you want. ed