combining word documents and excel worksheets

  1. #1
    akcaster
    Guest

    combining word documents and excel worksheets

    I have a workbook that is a business plan financial template. In word, I
    have created the instruction for the template.

    Is there a way to combine the two work products so that the word document
    came into the workbook as a separate tab?

    Is there a way to link the two documents together so that say double
    clicking on a cell would open that word document to a specific area of the
    instructions?

    Thanks for your help.

  2. #2
    macropod
    Guest

    Re: combining word documents and excel worksheets

    Hi akcaster,

    You could put a hyperlink between the documents. In Word, you could even
    embed all or part of your workbook to make the instructions clearer - this
    could even be in the form of a link to the actual workbook, so that you
    users could open up the relevant part of the Excel workbook from within
    Word.

    Note: The links will break if you move the 'source' to a different folder.

    Cheers

    --
    macropod
    [MVP - Microsoft Word]