Auto Update Info from Different Sheets?

  1. #1
    Michigan

    Question Auto Update Info from Different Sheets?

    I have a workbook that has 9 worksheets in it. The first 8 sheets are named May 2006, June 2006, etc etc etc. The 9th sheet is named Monthly Totals.

    I'm tracking commission bonus points with this workbook. I know that I've seen a formula for doing this, but the reference site I saw it on has been blocked and the boss won't be in until later today and I want to get this done before then (if possible).

    On the Monthly Totals sheet, I have the listing of all the sales guys in column A, and each month is listed in columns B - H. I would like to have the Monthly Totals sheet pull all the commission totals for George Smith in May, and enter that total amount on his corresponding cell, and then do the same thing for all the other sales guys, in all the other months.

    Thank you so much for any help you may be able to give me! I appreciate it!

    Samantha

  2. #2
    Sarah_Lecturer
    Guest

    RE: Auto Update Info from Different Sheets?

    On worksheet 9 in the cell where you want the answer
    1. Type =sum(
    2. click on May 2006 hilight relevant cells
    3. Press ,
    3.Click on next sheet
    4.hilight relevant cells
    5.Continue until all relevant cells are selected for all months
    6.Press Enter on the keyboard

    Hope this is what you are looking for

    Sarah xx

  3. #3
    Michigan
    I'm not sure if it is or not. There are 10 sales reps listed in each month. I want their individual amounts to show up next to their name, not everyones total amount.

    Or do you mean that I should go through each month, and select each sale that is made by George, John, Linda, Jim, etc, etc, etc individually to get the points to show up in their area on the total page?

    I'd like for it to automatically update the totals page when a new sale is entered, without the person entering the sale having to tell it to add the new sale each time.

    Thanks!
    Samantha

    [QUOTE=Sarah_Lecturer]On worksheet 9 in the cell where you want the answer
    1. Type =sum(
    2. click on May 2006 hilight relevant cells
    3. Press ,
    3.Click on next sheet
    4.hilight relevant cells
    5.Continue until all relevant cells are selected for all months
    6.Press Enter on the keyboard

    Hope this is what you are looking for

    Sarah xx
    QUOTE]

  4. #4
    Sarah_Lecturer
    Guest

    Re: Auto Update Info from Different Sheets?

    Try this

    Type in cell a1 the number 3

    click in cell b3
    type