Buttons

  1. #1

    Buttons

    I'm not sure if I even have the term "buttons" right.

    I'm wondering how difficult it is to have Sheet 1 contain instructions.
    Part of those instructions would say something like "press this button
    if you want to jump to July. Press this button if you want to jump to
    August," and so on. Are those difficult to make? I don't even know
    where to start. I'm really looking for a starting point and I will try
    and take it from there.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    michaelberrier
    Guest

    Re: Buttons

    If "July" and "August" are individual sheets, then create a button
    using the Forms toolbar, then type Alt+F11 to open the VBA editor.
    Click Insert-->Module and, in the module, put this:
    Sub July()
    Sheets("July").Range("A1").Select
    End Sub

    Substitue the month/sheet you want in place of July for the other
    months.

    Then, right click on your button and choose Assign Macro.

    I think that's what you're looking for.

  3. #3
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: Buttons

    You might want to consider hyperlinks (no VBA necessary)

    You can either insert a hyperlink that refers to a location within the
    workbook
    From the Excel Menu:
    <insert><hyperlink>

    OR
    You can use the HYPERLINK function to do the same.

    Check them out....Post back if you have questions.

    Is that something you can work with?
    Regards,
    Ron

    XL2002, WinXP