batch file to open multiple worksheets

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Kurt S
    Guest

    batch file to open multiple worksheets

    I would like to run a batch file to open multiple Excel worksheets but if I
    put the path to both sheets, it only opens the first one. What am I doing
    wrong?

    I'm using Excel 2003 SP-1

  2. #2
    Kurt S
    Guest

    RE: batch file to open multiple worksheets

    I should also add that once I close Excel, then the second worksheet opens.

  3. #3
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: batch file to open multiple worksheets

    Use start rather than just running them:

    c:
    cd\
    start poly.xls
    start qwerty.xls
    exit

    If you just run them, the bat file hangs until you finish the first
    application and then runs the second application. "starting" something
    allows no waiting
    --
    Gary's Student

  4. #4
    Kurt S
    Guest

    RE: batch file to open multiple worksheets

    That did the trick. Thank you Gary.

  5. #5
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: batch file to open multiple worksheets

    You are very welcome.

    b.t.w. if you do a lot of bat files, you should checkout Windows Scripting
    Host. It's just as much fun as DOS 6.22
    --
    Gary's Student