List out the Duplication data in another worksheet

  1. #1
    Vicky
    Guest

    List out the Duplication data in another worksheet

    Hi,
    I have a workbook which contains the database of sales Invoices almost about
    60000 Invoices
    Now in another worksheet I want to list out row details of the duplicate
    Invoices or the details of the Invoices which is more than single invoice
    no.
    The data is something like below given table.
    In sheet1:
    doc_type doc_no doc_date
    46 74000001 01/04/2006
    46 74000002 01/04/2006
    46 74000003 01/04/2006
    46 74000004 01/04/2006
    46 74000005 01/04/2006
    46 74000006 01/04/2006
    46 74000007 01/04/2006
    46 74000007 01/04/2006
    46 74000009 01/04/2006
    46 74000010 01/04/2006
    46 74000011 01/04/2006
    46 74000011 02/04/2006
    46 74000013 02/04/2006
    46 74000014 02/04/2006
    The answer in sheet2 would be
    doc_type doc_no doc_date
    46 74000007 01/04/2006
    46 74000007 01/04/2006
    46 74000011 01/04/2006
    46 74000011 02/04/2006
    i.e. the list of the duplicate doc_no. & its respective row details
    Is it possible

    --
    Vicky

  2. #2

    Re: List out the Duplication data in another worksheet

    Maybe this will work for you...

    Put headers in Row 1 if you don't have them and sort your data by column B (if
    it's not already sorted).

    Then add a new column (D?):
    Put this in D2 and drag down
    =COUNTIF(B1:B3,B2)

    Then apply data|filter|autofilter to that column.
    Filter to show > 1

    Those will be the duplicates.

    Select those visible cells and copy|paste them where you want.

    The =countif() won't show how many times the value is duplicated, but it will
    show you if it's duplicated from the one directly above or below--and that
    should be enough to grab the duplicates.

    The data has to be sorted, though.