mapping add-in

  1. #1
    colettey29
    Guest

    mapping add-in

    Does anyone know of a free add-in that will allow me to create a map from
    some data that I've entered?

  2. #2
    Saruman
    Guest

    Re: mapping add-in

    Excel 2000 has that feature in it

    --
    Saruman

    All Outgoing Mail Scanned By Norton Antivirus 2003

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    colettey29
    Guest

    Re: mapping add-in

    Can you elaborate? I have Excel 2003 on my machine, so I'm guessing that it
    would be included with the newer version, too... any help on how to access
    the mapping feature? THANKS!

  4. #4
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: mapping add-in

    Hi,

    Map point *was* a free add-in in version xl2000.

    Nowadays it is a separate package that requires an addtional licence and
    therefore fee.
    http://www.microsoft.com/mappoint/default.mspx

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  5. #5
    Nick Hodge
    Guest

    Re: mapping add-in

    Andy

    MapPoint was not the add-in, it is a product which MS bought and MSMap add
    in was deprecated. It is much superior to the old 'version' and mapping is
    much more detailed.

    Use it all the time for order mapping on a postcode layer in MapPoint, but
    as you say, it IS a separate product

    Nick Hodge
    Microsoft MVP - Excel
    Southampton, England
    www.nickhodge.co.uk
    [email protected]HIS

    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6
    colettey29
    Guest

    Re: mapping add-in

    thanks - - this has been very helpful! -c

  7. #7
    Saruman
    Guest

    Re: mapping add-in

    The mapping feature was removed after Excel 2000, that was why I said it was
    in Excel 2000.

    Guess too many people found it useful so Micro$oft thought they would try
    and make more money, which I believe didn't work out as they had planned.

    Sorry bout that
    --

    -

  8. #8