Reuse of Pivot tables

  1. #1
    watkincm
    Guest

    Reuse of Pivot tables

    Is there a way to reuse a pivot?
    I get an updated spreadsheet every week and currently rebuild the pivot
    tables each time to produce regular reports. Is there a better way to do
    this - carry an existing pivot across to the new worksheet somehow?
    --
    Mike Watkins

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Reuse of Pivot tables

    If the field names are the same, you could copy the pivot table into the
    new workbook. Then, right-click on a cell in the pivot table, and choose
    PivotTable Wizard
    Click the Back button, and select the data range in the new workbook.

    watkincm wrote:
    > Is there a way to reuse a pivot?
    > I get an updated spreadsheet every week and currently rebuild the pivot
    > tables each time to produce regular reports. Is there a better way to do
    > this - carry an existing pivot across to the new worksheet somehow?

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Contextures
    http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

  3. #3
    Nashville TN
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010

    Re: Reuse of Pivot tables

    Simply copy the pivot table to a new workbook containing your database. I suggest right clicking of the tab of the worksheet containing the pivot table (being sure to check "Create a copy")and indicating the name of the workbook and where in the workbook you want the worksheet.

    The copied pivot table will continue to reference the original database from which it was created. Go to the new pivot table worksheet, put the cursor somewhere in the pivot table, press Alt-D, then P, which will bring up the pivot table wizard; select "<Back"; change the range to the new database; then press "Finish".

    You're done. The new pivot table will have all the characteristics of the parent pivot table, but will reference the new database information.