Excel reports in Access

  1. #1

    Excel reports in Access

    I want to use the exact report layout of a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet
    in a Microsoft Access report. Without having to create the entire
    report line by line is there anyway I can import the excel spreadsheet
    report layout into a report in Microsoft Access?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    JLatham
    Guest

    RE: Excel reports in Access

    Depending on some other tools and system abilities, here's a trick I've often
    used to get a pre-defined form into an Access report:

    Get a screenshot of the Excel spreadsheet (in print preview is probably
    best). Save that in a compact format such as .jpg or .gif. Then start a
    report in Access and use the graphic of the Excel spreadsheet as the
    background picture for the report (choose the graphic and Format and choose
    SEND TO BACK to put it behind any text/data). Set up your data display
    controls to go where they need to on the report.