Lookup really messed up

  1. #1
    mattgoof2005
    Guest

    Lookup really messed up

    I have a list of Charge Accounts to which I assigned numbers(1201, 1202). I
    also have summaries to which I assigned letters(ENGR). A lookup table feeds
    these to a worksheet template. For some reason, my lookup table provides the
    wrong answers for the letters:
    ENG Yancy MG1 Engineering
    PIS Yancy MG2 Project Integration W/O Legacy
    PIL Yancy MG2 Project Integration
    ESHQ Houck MG3 ESHQ
    PSS Cochran MG4 Project Services W/O Taxes and President
    PSL Cochran MG4 Project Services W/O President
    PSF Cochran MG4 Project Services
    RIO Yancy MG5 Regulatory Integration and Outreach

    Input Lookup Lookup Lookup

    Lookup=VLOOKUP($A44,$A2:$H43,X)
    X=Appropriate Column

    This is what my lookups return based on the input(I organized it to the same
    table for comparison):
    ENG Yancy MG1 Engineering
    PIS Houck MG3 ESHQ
    PIL Yancy MG2 Project Integration
    ESHQ Yancy MG1 Engineering
    PSS Cochran MG4 Project Services
    PSL Cochran MG4 Project Services W/O President
    PSF Houck MG3 ESHQ
    RIO Yancy MG5 Regulatory Integration and Outreach

    Can anyone explain what's going on or offer a solution?

  2. #2
    Guest

    Re: Lookup really messed up

    Hi